Professional Development Day– a valuable learning experience!
Twenty-seven people came together at the Perpich Center for Arts Education on August 19 to learn more about the VSA Minnesota Teaching Artist Roster, a community of teaching artists working to create engaging lessons and environments that meet the diverse learning needs of all students.
- became more familiar with VSA Minnesota’s Artists-in-Residence Grant Program as well as how to become a rostered teaching artist.
- experienced a hands-on visual art workshop designed for working with learners with various disabilities.
- engaged in a hands-on theater activity taught during an artist residency with students with Autism.
- explored the Perpich Center for Arts Education Artful Tools by describing what they experienced using facilitated reflection protocols.
- reviewed various disabilities and teaching strategies for each.
Many thanks to the Perpich Center for Arts Education for the use of Glass Box Conference Room and to our fantastic presenters including Lori Brink, Visual Artist/Teaching Artist/Peer Coach; Barbara Hackett Cox, Arts Education Partnership Coordinator, Perpich Center for Arts Education; Steve Busa, Theater Artist/Teaching Artist/Peer Coach; Katie Lipe, Southwest High School Autism Program; and Mary Z. McGrath, Educator/Professional Speaker/Author, Reflections Resources Ltd.